Eastern swim teams ready for Lewis University meet

Eric Hendrix, Swim Reporter

Eastern’s swim teams have been using Padovan Pool daily in preparation for its next meet after having opened the season two weeks ago at the Butler Invitational.

Head swimming coach Jacqueline Michalskiexpressed her feelings about the team’s performance so far. She even mentioned some individual performances like that of Scott House who was named Summit League Swimmer of the week for his performance at the Butler invitational, where he had three top five finishes.

“Super excited about how we preformed at the last meet. Some of our freshman really kind of stepped it up and swam some pretty impressive times. Some of our returners also really stepped it up,” Michalski said.

She went on to describe the effort and energy that the team has been bringing to meets and practices. She feels the team is really motivated to attack this season.

“Such a positive mindset. Such a happiness to be back in the pool and racing was what was great to see,” Michalski said.

She also spoke about looking forward to the upcoming meet.

“I’m excited for Lewis, I think it will be a close meet but I’m pretty confident that our mindset and our energy is really going to help push us so it goes in our favor,” Michalski said.

House is a sophomore. He has been swimming for 13 years and competes in the 150- freestyle and backstroke for the team.

“The first meet is always a tough one mentally and since a lot our team’s young the first travel meet is always a hard one but I thought we we’re prepared and we did well,” House said. “I’m excited, we have a young team but I think we have a lot of heart, we’ll put up some good times in season.”

He went on to mention his excitement for the upcoming meet on Saturday.

“I think it will be a good first dual meet compared to last week which was an invitational. I think we are the stronger team and we’ll come out on top,” House said.

The men and women’s swimming teams will travel to Romeoville, IL on Saturday for a meet against the Lewis University Flyers at 1 p.m.

Eric Hendrix can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]