90s-themed party set for Saturday

Corryn Brock, Staff Reporter

Eastern’s chapter of the National Association of Colored Women’s Clubs will be hosting a 90s-themed party with Couture Models Saturday in the University Ballroom of Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

The 90s party will start around 9 p.m. or 10 p.m., depending on the amount of people waiting to come in, and end at around 1:30 a.m.

The event will feature 90s-themed attire and music for those who come to listen and dance to.

Morgan Colvin, vice president of NACWC, said everyone is welcome to come, but they are hoping a lot of freshmen come to the event.

“We’re trying to get (freshmen) to come out and see, and just really explore,” Colvin said. “It’s a Union party, and everyone thinks those are pretty lame … but no, (Union parties) can be fun. Hopefully everyone loves the music and dancing.”

Colvin said she is excited to see everyone’s outfits at the event and that a lot of the women in her organization are planning to go out of their way with the outfits. Some will be dressing as TLC, characters from the 90s, rappers and singers.

The event will be focusing on getting people out of their rooms and helping them feel comfortable.

“Even though it’s (toward the end of September), people aren’t out exploring campus and we really want to offer those resources for people,” Colvin said.

Colvin said she is also looking forward to upcoming NACWC events.

“We’re such a fun group and we have so many things planned for this semester and next semester,” Colvin said. “Hopefully people come.”

Corryn Brock can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].