Pancake Breakfast to benefit ROTC

Corryn Brock, Staff Reporter

The EIU Leadership & Excellence Club is hosting an annual pancake breakfast to benefit the club and the ROTC on September 22 from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Charleston VFW on 20th Street.

Ben Leman, a member of LEC who has been involved in the planning of the event, said it’s a good event to support. “It’s a good way to get exposure for us and for the VFW as well,” said Leman. “It also lets the community know that we’re out here doing stuff.”

Tickets are $7 in advance and $9 at the event, and kids under the age of five eat for free. Tickets can be purchased by calling or going to the EIU ROTC office in Klehm Hall, or by asking any ROTC cadet on campus.

Proceeds for the event go towards a traditional military ball for the cadets as well as different events for the EIU LEC like obstacle courses. Last year funds helped LEC do an escape room together and this year some may go towards a paint-ball event as well as “adopting” a highway.

During last year’s pancake breakfast over 350 tickets were sold, and similar numbers are expected for this year.

For those interested in joining the EIU LEC to participate in events like the ROTC Pancake Breakfast, it is open to all students. Contact Kevin Peterson, the president of LEC, for more information.

Corryn Brock can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].