You can work for student publications

Staff Report

On campus, a variety of registered student organizations are offered to every person on Eastern’s campus. 

We at The Daily Eastern News want our readers and other students at Eastern to know that our publication, and all other student publications on campus, offer positions to every person as well.

We write an editorial about this almost every semester, but we find it necessary to remind everyone that their potential is present and has a place to flourish at The Daily Eastern News if journalism is their area of interest.

You don’t need to be a journalism or English major in order to be a reporter, columnist, editor or photographer. Every student is eligible to join the staff and explore their budding talents at The Daily Eastern News.

While a newsroom may not be an environment that everyone is accustomed to, our staff is inviting and will help anyone develop their skills as a reporter, photographer or editor.

Believe it or not, at one point in time AP style was a foreign concept to us and interviewing sources for stories required a pep talk to calm our nerves. We are still not perfect, but we are still learning and we are here to help you learn too. 

We want our publication to be able to reach out to and resonate with all of the different and unique students on this campus. The best way for us to do that is to include you, our readers, in our publication.

So whether you have a notebook on hand and are ready to report, or you have a letter you wish to send to the editor to be published, we encourage you to come to the newsroom at 1811 Buzzard Hall or contact us at 581-2812 or [email protected].