Fire breaks out at Cahokia Lane

Staff Report

The Lincoln Fire Protection District was dispatched to a structure fire at 12:28 a.m. Tuesday at 3746 Cahokia Lane.

According to a press release, no injuries were reported.

When crews arrived, they found a 50 x 70 pole-type structure that was converted into a home. The fire had started in the wall from a wood stove and extended up the stairs and into the attic, according to a press release. Crews made a quick interior attack to stop the fire from extending further. The residents were home when the fire started and attempted to extinguish it but were not able to because it already extended upstairs. The Lincoln Fire Protection District was on the scene for about two hours. The damage is estimated at $40,000 to the building and contents. The fire is listed as a component failure of the wood stove.


The News Desk can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].