Alumnus’ memory lives on

A gathering honoring Linda Shelton, an alumnus and supporter of the hospitality industry, revealed new furniture for the Klehm Hall faculty and staff cafe Wednesday afternoon. The furniture was donated by Mike Shelton in memory of his wife Linda.

Sarah Anderson (left), and Emily Pattison, senior family and consumer sciences majors prepare Lattes before the unveiling of the new furniture in the cafe of Klehm Hall Wednesday afternoon. The furniture was donated by Mike Shelton in memory of his wife, Eastern alumnus, Linda Shelton.

Justin Brown | The Daily Eastern News

Mike Shelton, right, looks over the new furniture he donated in to the cafe of Klehm Hall Wednesday afternoon. Shelton donated the furniture in memory of his wife, Linda, an Eastern alumnus and also was on the hospitality advisory board at Eastern.

Justin Brown | The Daily Eastern News
Mike Shelton, right, looks over the new furniture he donated to the cafe in Klehm Hall Wednesday afternoon. Shelton donated the furniture in memory of his wife, Linda, an Eastern alumnus and also was on the hospitality advisory board at Eastern.

Mike Shelton, center, talks with vistors during a gathering to recognize the new furniture he donated in memory of his wife, Linda, in Klehm Hall cafe Wednesday afternoon.

Justin Brown | The Daily Eastern News
Mike Shelton, center, talks with vistors during a gathering to recognize the new furniture he donated in memory of his wife, Linda, in the Klehm Hall cafe Wednesday afternoon.

A table from the recently donated furniture from Mike Shelton in memory of his wife and Eastern alumnus Linda Shelton displays the logo of the cafe in Klehm Hall.

Justin Brown | The Daily Eastern News
A table from the recently donated furniture from Mike Shelton in memory of his wife and Eastern alumnus Linda Shelton displays the logo in the Klehm Hall cafe.

The cafe of Klehm Hall received new furniture donated by Mike Shelton in memory of his wife, and Eastern alumnus Linda Shelton. Linda Shelton was on the hospitality advisory board at Eastern and Mr. Shelton said the cafe was the appropriate place to donate the furniture.

Justin Brown | The Daily Eastern News
The Klehm Hall cafe received new furniture donated by Mike Shelton in memory of his wife, and Eastern alumnus Linda Shelton. Linda Shelton was on the hospitality advisory board at Eastern and Mr. Shelton said the cafe was the appropriate place to donate the furniture.

Justin Brown | The Daily Eastern News

About the Photographer
Justin Brown, Sports Designer

Hello, my name is Justin Brown. I am a non-traditional student in my first year with the Daily Eastern News. This year I will be the sports page designer,...