Pantherpalooza provides opportunities for students

Olivia Swenson-Hultz, Assistant Photo Editor

File Photo | The Daily Eastern News Regime Billingsly, a junior athletic training major, explains the sign up sheet for Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. to Sarah Ampadu, a senior health studies major, at Panther Palooza on August 27, 2015.
File photo | The Daily Eastern News
Regime Billingsly, a senior athletic training major, explains the sign up sheet for Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. to Sarah Ampadu, a senior health studies major, at Panther Palooza on August 27, 2015.

Finding where you belong in a college setting can be unsettling to students, but Pantherpalooza helps bring the different Registered Student Organizations together.

For over 15 years Eastern has consistently provided students a chance to explore different organizations students can get involved in.

Booths will be spread across the South Quad, so students can learn more about what each RSO has to offer.

Student Government vice president for student affairs Derek Pierce said Pantherpalooza has been a showcase for RSOs for over a decade.

“It’s a great networking tool for like-minded individuals,” Pierce said.

Hailey Tellier, student speaker of the senate, said it also gives RSOs a chance to recruit students and promote themselves.

“Pantherpalooza runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., which is long enough that everybody has an opportunity to get out there,” Tellier said. “The entire place is packed.”

According to Student Body President Catie Witt, there were over 100 groups last year.

“New students can see organizations that can meet their interests,” Tellier said. “It’s really great for new students to be able to know what they can get involved in.”

Olivia Swenson-Hultz can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]