ACTs celebration to bring peace to campus

submitted

ACTS praise dancers, Anointed Worshipers, perform choreographed dances twice a month. There are six members on the team and they use different formations when together.

Zaria Greene, Verge Reporter

ACTS Campus Ministries transforms last service of the semester into a celebration called “Pack the House.”

The service will be at 11 a.m. on Sunday in Buzzard Hall Auditorium.

Bishop Andrew Robinson describes Pack the House as a time to not only celebrate the end of the semester but to express gratitude for what God has done.

“A combination of people rejoicing and expressing their faith and love for God at the end of the semester through different talents,” Robinson said. “It’s something that brings students faculty, alumni and visitors together to think about all the good things we have.”

This semester’s theme is peace based from the scripture John 16:33.

Bishop Robinson said the scripture mainly serves as a reminder to have a peace of mind through all of the things going on in the world and your life.

“We felt like we needed to promote peace through all the diversity on campus,” Robinson said.

ACTS members have been preparing for months to make sure that all of the elements of the service is completed Robinson said.

“Acts usually starts planning the theme for this at the beginning of the semester,” He said.  “Usually a month before we get things like the performances scheduled out and get advertising together.”

Some of the performances this year will include the rap gospel team Bosses,
ACTS praise dancers, ACTS Anointed Worshipers praise dance team, lots of singing and a skit from the ACTS drama team.

Sierra Murray, a junior marketing major and captain-choreographer for the ACTS Anointed Worshippers praise dance team said the preparation for the team’s dance requires hours of time and dedication.

“ We practice five times within two weeks for about two hours each time where we go over the steps and make sure we are matching the music properly,” Murray said.

The ACTS Anointed Worshippers will be dancing to a song called “Stand” by Donnie McClurkin.

Murray said she wanted the dance to reflect the year’s theme of peace and encourage students to remain strong throughout the stressful time of the semester.

Murray said the quote, “ if he brings you to it, he’ll help bring you through it,” helps her cope with feelings of stress and worry.

ACTs will also pass out prayer cloths that have been prayed over by Bishop Robinson, the ACT’s prayer team and many others over the last couple of weeks.

Zaria Greene can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]