Gathering of Christ Church to ‘Tear Down Lies’

Kennedi Carodine, Staff Reporter

Members of the Gathering of Christ Church Chicago are having their “Tearing Down Lies” event 2 to 7 p.m. Saturday in the South Quad.

Mike Deavens, a member of the Gathering of Christ Church, said it is not a typical church setting, but a gathering of people who really know the truth.

Anybody can join the church.

“If you know the truth and understand the real, then you can join,” Deavens said.

Tiarra Webb, another member of the Gathering of Christ Church, said the church would be coming to Charleston with Bibles, historical facts, and proof from other sources to wake people up and let them know who they are according to the Bible.

Webb said people should follow the commandments of God, because that is the only way they are going to be saved.

“(That is) the reason why we went into captivity in the first place, because our ancestors didn’t follow the commandments,” Webb said.

This event started when Webb saw a guy preaching on campus about the wrong things.

Gregory Hayes, member of the Gathering of Christ Church, said regular Christian pastors say that all people have to do is repent and accept Jesus Christ, but they are not telling them what laws they need to follow.

“That’s basically what we are trying to do according to the Bible,” Hayes said.

During the event, men will be dressed in all white with microphones and historical posters and artifacts will show who Jesus Christ is, Webb said.

“A lot of people are going to be coming around and you can ask any question about anything you want to know. We will break it down to you in regards to the Bible and how it is, what it is, how it was prophesized to be, and how it is coming out to play in this day and age,” Webb said.

Webb said people have been steered away from the Bible because they were told it is a “white man’s book,” when all of the characters in the Bible are black, brown, or brown descent.

Daniel 7 and 9 and Revelation 1:4 say Christ is black, Webb said.

“As we look in today’s society, we look at it as a white supremacy, and it is by design that people of the Bible are of color,” Hayes said. “But when you see movies like Noah, for example, the main characters are white, but it’s really the opposite.”

Hayes said the church wants to show people their history.

“This event will bring the truth,” Deavens said.  “I can prove that this history is true and show you other things that they tell you about the Bible aren’t true.”

Deavens said the group wants to get people out of the “fantasy world.”

“A lot of people are delusional right now,” Deavens said. “They’re preach things to you out of the Bible, but they never show you any of it.

Deavens said the group plans to show campus facts and validate everything they tell them.

“We are the real Jews. Not by religion, but by bloodline because Christ was black and the disciples were of color,” Hayes said.

This event is at the end of the year because it is around finals time and class is pretty much over with at this point, Deavens said.

“It’s good to have this at the end of the year because it not only gives people something to think about over the summer, but gives people the opportunity to do research, read the Bible, look at historical artifacts,” Webb said.

Those are the things we need to do to get into heaven because people cannot get in just by saying they believe in God, Webb said.

“I mean, you have to believe in something,” Deavens said. “Even if people say they don’t believe in the Bible, we can show you history books that you read that will says the same exact thing.”

The message for this event is to follow the Bible’s laws, Webb said.

“It’s a bigger picture than what people see. We don’t just wake up everyday living life,” Deavens said.

Hayes said help solve the issue of people being unaware of the truth, those participating in “Tearing Down Lies” have to come in with an open mind.

“Crack open a Bible because it is too much happening in this world that we are unaware of,” Webb said.

Kennedi Carodine can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]