Laser Tag to be offered in Grand Ballroom

Abbey Whittington, Entertainment Editor

The University Board will be hosting, “Tag You’re It,” a laser tag tournament that will be at 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Grand Ballroom of the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

Students can come in groups and create teams for the tournament, and each team and its members will be given individual laser lights.

If students come without a team they will be put into a random group to compete.

Each team will be competing for the highest score or to see who tagged the most opponents.

During the tournament, teams will be going through a course and trying to tag opposing team members. A computer system will be keeping track of who is being tagged and what team those players were from.

Once the laser tag tournament is over, the computer system will show which team tagged the most players.

The UB will be giving out a $100 prize and joust inflatables to the team with the highest score.

Aaliyah Stephen, the UB special events coordinator and communication studies major, organized the laser tag tournament.

She said the UB has hosted the laser tag tournament before and wanted to bring the event back to campus.

“I decided to do this event because laser tag is competitive and interactive,” Stephen said. “I thought since we have not done laser tag in a while it would engage with the students very well.”

Students can sign up for the tournament by emailing Stephen at [email protected] or can sign up at the Grand Ballroom on Wednesday.

“We want a lot of students to attend this event. It is very imperative that we keep the campus diverse and fun,” Stephen said. “This event provides the students a free chance to come out and enjoy a laser tag game with their friends.”

The tournament is free and open to anyone.

Abbey Whittington can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]