CAA canceled because of light agenda

Analicia Haynes, Administration Editor

The meeting for the Council on Academic Affairs will be canceled tomorrow as a result of a light agenda.

Since the meeting was canceled, Marita Gronnvoll, the chair of CAA, has added the proposed revision to the Fall 2017 catalog for 16-20, Music with Performance Option to the agenda for a future meeting.

The proposed revisions call for program changes for all performance concentrations, program changes for the instrumental, keyboard, and vocal concentrations and changes in composition concentration.

According to the proposal’s revision and rationale document, the program changes for the performance concentrations calls for the transfer of two credits of elective course requirements from the core requirements to the concentration.

“This proposed revision does not change any curricular requirement,” the rationale read. “But rather serves to provide clarification on an issue that frequently causes confusion among students.” 

The revision includes eliminating MUS 3156 from the instrumental concentration, MUS 3155/3156 from the keyboard concentration and MUS 3155 from the vocal concentration.

“Based upon review of the program as part of the department’s accreditation self-study and feedback from recent graduates, requiring a second conducting class is not necessary,” according to the rationale.

Changes also include the clarification of several items in the current catalog as well as reducing credits for several courses, adding 2 credits to the independent study in music theory/composition, and adjusting the total hours for a Bachelor of Music with performance option and composition concentration.

Analicia Haynes can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]