Omega Psi Phi hosts week-long events for ‘Que Week’

Roberto Hodge, Multicultural Editor

The members of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity will be celebrating their Omega week with a list of events Monday through Friday.

This year’s theme for their weeks is “300 Quepacolypse,” which is reflective of the Spartans in the movie “300.”

One of their first events is “Que dog vs Omega man” will be at 6:11 p.m. in the Phipps Lecture Hall in the Physical Science Building and will cover the stereotypes and misconceptions surrounding the men within the organization.

Julian Robertson, the vice president of Omega Psi Phi, said when it comes to the two terminologies of men in the fraternity, a “Que dog” is someone who is energetic, likes to have fun and enjoy life—it can be said this notion is usually seen among the younger members of the organization.

Robertson said some of the stereotypes of the men are they are wild, loose and loud; however, when it comes to “Omega men,” they are the more refined version of the members of the organization.

“We’re college students and we still handle our business—it’s a mix of both,” Robertson said.

The members will host a “Golden Mile Run” at 3 p.m. at Panther Trail, which is similar to an event they had last year that was a way of showing solidarity for the victims of the Boston Bombing two years ago.

An event, “Hoptology,” which will teach women how to hop like the members in the organization, will be at 6 p.m. in Room 2120 in McAfee. The first half of the event will be closed off to the students so the women are allowed to practice before opening the doors to the public.

Robertson said the week is important because it shows students on the campus the positive side of the members of the organization at it’s a way for them to give back to the community.

Roberto Hodge can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]