Bahr paces Eastern at Invitational

Bob Reynolds, Sports Editor

The Eastern women’s golf team finished in 11th place out of 13 teams in the Indiana State Spring Invite at the par-72, 6,055-yard course of The Country Club of Terre Haute.

The invite was a two-day tournament, which lasted Sunday to Monday.

Eastern was led by freshman Anne Bahr who posted a total of 10-over 82 Sunday and 9-over 81 Monday. She tied for 40th place.

Alex Pickens finished in 55th place with a 23-over 167 for the tournament. Freshman Annie Getzin, who shot an 8-over 80 Sunday, added eight strokes to her total Monday and finished 56th overall.

Senior Tiffany Wolf shot a 26-over 180, and sophomore Chloe Wong shot a 27-over 171.

Host Indiana State University captured the title after shooting a team score of 301 Sunday and a 308 Monday.

William Woods University came in second with a team total of 616. Tied for first on Day One with a score of 301, Bradley University fell to third place after shooting a 317 Monday.

Western Illinois and Loyola rounded out the top five. The Leathernecks shot a 624 as a team and Loyola shot a 626 as a team.

Indiana State was led by sophomore Marissa Uradomo, who shot even-par 72 Sunday and a 4-over 76.

Uradomo placed first for individuals, and right behind her was senior Amanda Smith from Indiana State.

Smith shot a 3-over 75 Sunday and a 2-over 74 Monday for a total of 149 for the tournament.

Smith was tied with Bradley freshman Ally Scaccia, who shot a 2-over 74 Saturday and a 3-over 75 Sunday.

Placing fourth overall was William Woods University junior Myriam Hassan, who shot a total score of 151 for the tournament.Rounding out the top five for individuals was Indiana State senior Erinn Sutton who shot two rounds of 4-over 76 for the tournament.

Rounding out the top five for individuals was Indiana State senior Erinn Sutton who shot two rounds of 4-over 76 for the tournament.

This was the last tournament before Eastern heads to the Ohio Valley Conference tournament Sunday at Hampton Cove Golf Course in Huntsville, Ala.

Bob Reynolds can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]