Finals Feast to help “Crush Your Finals”

Stephanie White, Staff Reporter

Right before students take their finals, Housing and Dining is having a special “Final’s Feast” from 9 to 11 p.m. Sunday in Thomas Hall.

Final’s Feast is usually held in one of the dining halls in the South Quad the Sunday before final exams every semester.

Mark Hudson, director of Housing and Dining, said this year’s theme for the feast is “Crush Your Finals,” which is based off the smartphone gaming app “Candy Crush.”

The hall will be decorated in candy, with pillows covered in plastic wrap with the ends tied to look like pieces of candy.

“There will be a minute-to-win it game that will be played, where you can will prizes,” Hudson said. “There will also be a thank you card station where students can write thank you cards to their professors.”

Centerpieces with study tips will also be displayed at the tables, Hudson said.

Along with the usual staff that works in the dining hall, some VIP volunteers will be around to help the staff with the feast.

The VIPs who will be joining will be President Bill Perry, Vice President for Student Affairs Dan Nadler and all the deans from the colleges.

They will be helping by walking around the dining hall and assisting the workers with the food and preparation.

“President Perry will be walking around the dining hall wishing students good luck on their finals,” Hudson said.

Hudson said any student who has a meal plan is able to participate in the feast. As long as students have their Panther Cards and have a meal plan registered on the card, they can come in and eat whether they have meal swipes left or not.

The food that will be served at the feast will be chicken Parmesan sandwiches, meatball subs and cheddar cheese dip, along with a salad bar with a meat, cheese and cracker platter and a fruit platter. For dessert there will be brownies.

In the past, about 600 to 800 people have attended this feast, so Hudson said this feast should have the same amount of people attending.

Because of the feast, no late night pizza will be available Sunday, Hudson said.

Stephanie White can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].