• The Student Senate discussed race issues at Eastern as well as Electronic Writing Portfolio submissions for students.

News

Student Senate discuss race survey, EWP submission

• Students eagerly refreshed their inboxes awaiting the desired class is canceled email after seeing a snowstorm Wednesday morning. Devin Melvin (right) a freshman accounting major, trudges through the snow on his way to class wearing a makeshift gator mask using a blue T-shirt in between Klehm and Lumpkin Hall. Classes were not canceled due to last weeks average temperature hanging around the upper 30s.

News

Students disappointed snow didn’t freeze classes for the day

• Jaedah Franks, a sophomore biological sciences major, is congratulated by Yolanda Williams after being crowned Miss Black EIU 2022 on Saturday in the Grand Ballroom.

Entertainment & Culture

Annual Miss Black EIU pageant to be canceled

• Destiny Smith, a junior environmental science major, poses for a picture.

News

Environment biology major describes her experience in the field

• Eastern biology faculty member Rob Colombo bikes towards the Tour De Charleston finish line Saturday morning in the Town Square.

News

Biology professor Rob Colombo hooked on fish ecology

• Jake Crandall, an instructor in the Geology-Geography department and NASA contractor, demonstrates an extinct rock, Komatilte, Sunday afternoon, Jan. 22, 2023, in the Physical Science Building on Eastern Illinois University campus in Charleston, Ill. Crandall said he loves geology, because he can create a historical book dating back billions of years. Komatilte is associated with gold and nickel deposits in Australia, Canada, South Africa, and the Guiana shield, South Africa.

News

Geology, geography professor works for NASA

• Anna Sipes, a senior biological sciences major, poses in the Buzzard Hall photo studio on Friday. After Eastern, Sipes wants to pursue medical to become a doctor in space.

News

Eastern student aspires to work in aerospace medicine

• Submitted photo of Harper Gerfen, a junior geology major.

News

Harper Gerfen rocks the geology field

• Pantherpalooza is the semi annual Eastern event that allows student organizations to advertise themselves to draw in new members.

features

Pantherpalooza gives students a chance to get involved

• Joe Trotter, a harm reduction program coordinator, informs people about opiates and other drugs while he teaches what the signs of an overdose look like, risk factors for an overdose, and how to save someones life using Narcan in Klehm Hall Tuesday evening.

News

Narcan training teaches students about overdose prevention