Arnold, Bradbury earn conference honors

Arnold, Bradbury earn conference honors

Two members of the Eastern volleyball team won Ohio Valley Conference weekly awards in middle hitter Stephanie Arnold and setter Marah Bradbury.

• Demographics of Easterns student body from 2017 to 2021 show that Easterns student body is becoming more diverse. Other represents the categories of American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, two or more races, international students and students who did not disclose their race.

News

Demographics show increase in Eastern student diversity

• Student Senator Jasmine Yusef, a junior English and philosophy major, explains her Committee report at the Wednesday night  Student Government meeting. Yusef highlighted Star reports during her report and encouraged fellow senators to nominate one another for it.

News

Student Government approves committee member, tables three emergency bills

• Fairchild found unfit for trial

News

Fairchild found unfit for trial

• Associate Vice-President for Enrollment Management Josh Norman, and Jeffery Stowell, a psychology professor present a proposal to the Council of Academic Affairs about reducing the current recidency hours requirement for transfer students at the Oct. 21, CAA meeting held in the Whitters Conference Room. The proposal suggests that the current requirement of 40 credit hours be reduced to 30. The council approved of the vote with only one member, Billy Hung, not in favor.

News

CAA to vote on proposed honors program for the Department of Human Services

• Panel to discuss police brutality, criminal justice reform

News

Panel to discuss police brutality, criminal justice reform

• Garrison Reed, a sophomore music education major, plays the “Reflection Canon” by Kieffer on the vibraphone at the Percussion Ensemble Concert Tuesday night. The Reflection Canon piece consisted of four parts including “There is Light for One Year,” “The Smallest Become the Tallest,” “Flying” and “Knowledge of Eternity.” The focus of the concert was Afro-Cuban music.

News

Afro-Cuban music highlighted by ensemble

• Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management Josh Norman presents at Tuesday’s Faculty Senate meeting. Norman’s presentation highlighted Eastern’s enrollment statistics with comparisons to 2020s numbers.

News

Faculty Senate talks enrollment, recruitment

• Intrem Speaker Katelynn Alexander, a senior political science major was elected into the intrem speaker position at the Oct. 20 Student Government meeting. Unlike the past two meetings, this meeting was the first to meet quorum since Sept. 26. This will be Alexander’s second semester serving in the Student Senate.

News

Student Senate to vote on 3 new RSOs

• Percussion Ensemble concert Tuesday to feature traditional Afro-Cuban music

News

Percussion Ensemble concert Tuesday to feature traditional Afro-Cuban music

• Faculty Senate to discuss enrollment numbers on Tuesday

News

Faculty Senate to discuss enrollment numbers on Tuesday