Bus adds stop at textbook rental

The Textbook Rental is being added as a stop on the Panther Bus route for three days of final exams week.

Student Senate member Blake Pierce, a shuttle bus committee member, said his committee wanted the Textbook Rental stop added to better accommodate students.

“(The student government) felt that the location of Textbook Rental is kind of a far walk,” he said.

“We wanted students that might not have other transportation to have a way to get there.”

Pierce, a senior finance major, said some students had requested the idea for the stop.

“We looked into it and saw it as a feasible option,” he said.

Pierce said the bus will stop at Textbook Rental only during the extended hours for finals week of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday.

He said the bus stop at Textbook Rental will be after the Wal-Mart stop.

If the additional stop goes well this year, then it could be added for future semesters as well, Pierce said

“We thought we’d pilot this year, and see how it worked out,” he said.

Pierce said students should be aware that the bus might run a few minutes behind because the additional stop, but the wait should not be anything too severe.

Pierce said student’s general reactions to the additional stop have been good thus far.

Bus adds stop at textbook rental

Bus adds stop at textbook rental

Andre Alvarez, a sophomore sports managment major, waits to board the Panther Shuttle outside Taylor Hall on Thursday April 21. The Panther Shuttle will now stop at Textbook Rental for students to return their books at the end of the semester. (Olivia A