Miller found guilty in students’ deaths

A woman responsible for the deaths of three Eastern students was sentenced to eight years in prison Thursday.

Christine L. Miller, a former Sunset Hills, Mo., police officer, pleaded guilty to four counts of first-degree involuntary manslaughter and one count of assault in the second degree in December.

Miller was sentenced Thursday to eight-year terms for each count of manslaughter and seven years for the count of assault, according to Missouri case.net.

The sentences will run concurrently.

Priya Darshini Muppavarapu, Anusha Anumolu and Anitha Lakshmi Veerapaneni, from India were earning masters degrees in technology.

The young women were traveling on Dougherty Ferry Road in St. Louis with two other individuals when Miller, who was driving in the wrong lane, crashed into their car on March 21, 2009.

Miller was reportedly intoxicated when she hit their car.

The women were in St. Louis for spring break visiting Nitesh Adusumilli, who was the driver of the car and sole survivor of the crash.

Circuit Court Judge Michael T. Jamison in St. Louis County presided over the case.

Miller found guilty in students’ deaths

Miller found guilty in students deaths

Priya Darshini Muppavarapu, left, Anitha Lakshmi Veerapaneni, center, and Anusha Anumola, right, then Eastern graduate students in the tecnology department were killed in a car accident March 21, 2009 in Des Peres, Mo. Christine L. Miller was was found g