Art: Space

Each week in Art:Space we feature a work of student art on display around campus. This week’s piece is a sculpture made of foam board by Tiffany Joy Ignalaga, a junior graphic design major. It is currently on display outside of the metalsmithing design studio in the Doudna Fine Arts Center.

Like most of the art on display at Doudna, this week’s featured piece started out as a class project.

Art professor David Griffin teaches Three-Dimentional Foundations and said he liked the approach Ignalaga took to their second 3-D design project.

“Joy has an interesting slant in the way she approaches her projects,” Griffin said. “You look at it very quickly and you know it’s a kid’s piggy bank, it’s got that classic form.”

Ignalaga said the hardest part was getting the piggy bank’s shape right.

“I actually had to research and see what the skeleton of a pig looked like on the inside,” Ignalaga said.

Art: Space was photographed and compiled by Verge Editor Doug T. Graham, who can be reached at 581-7944 or “a href=mailto:[email protected]”>[email protected].

Art: Space

Art: Space

Piggy Bank by Tiffany Joy Ignalaga