Feature Photo: BOLDER Boulder

Eastern’s faculty representatives and administration will negotiate proposals in efforts to create new faculty contracts. The group is scheduled to meet on June 22.

Already meeting twice last week, the two parties will meet again to discuss their needs while agreeing or disagreeing about the new proposal.

Jonathan Blitz, lead negotiator for faculty representatives, said if an agreement is not reached by the time the old contract expires, it will be extended.

“It’s hard to say if we do that would be good, but if we don’t generally what happens is the old agreement is rolled over until the new agreement is done,” he said.

Unable to disclose much information about the new contract, Blitz said he is hoping to come to an agreement soon.

Robert Wayland, lead negotiator for administration, said coming to an agreement will depend on the importance of proposals and the willingness of providing them.

“Each party will have some proposals that are really important to their side,” he said.

Wayland said decision making will depend on the amount of the prososals and how many are critical to each party.

The current faculty contract will expire by the end of August; Wayland said it might be difficult to reach an agreement by then.

Wayland said the committee will try to reach an agreement as soon as possible.

“There is no time limit on this we’ll like to reach an agreement as soonest we possibly could, but it just depends on how many proposals each party has,” he said.

Pablo Rodriguez can be reached at 581-7942 or [email protected].

Feature Photo: BOLDER Boulder

Feature+Photo%3A+BOLDER+Boulder+

Kathryn Armstrong stands next to her piece “BOLDER” on 7th Street. Armstrong said the name is a play on words. The rocks are artificial and are painted pink. Armstong wanted her piece to pop out with its distinct coloring as a point that people would noti