Vitalization project workgroups deciding on meeting times, to be posted on webpage

Cassie Buchman, News Editor

Meetings for vitalization project workgroups are being scheduled and meeting times and agendas will be put on the project’s webpage.

Ryan Hendrickson, task force committee chair and interim dean of the graduate school, said all the workgroup chairs are submitting times the groups will meet.

Meeting times will be posted as they come in to webmaster Ryan Gibson on the vitalization project’s webpage.

Some groups have already set preliminary meetings.

The President’s Liaison Subcommittee will meet 2 p.m. Thursday in the Greenup Room of the University Union.

According to its agenda, the group will hear a report from chairperson Rob Miller, general counsel for Eastern and discuss their objectives.

Miller declined to comment about the meeting.

According to their agenda, workgroup nine, Academic Visioning II, will meet Thursday as well.

The group will identify peer institutions, study organizational models, differential tuition models and variable learning formats, the agenda said.

Jody Stone, chair of workgroup three for enrollment management, said workgroup three will meet from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Thursday mornings and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday in the Sullivan room of the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

However, this Thursday, they will be meeting in the basement of McAfee Gymnasium.

Stone said the workgroup will be discussing data they received from Institutional Research on Thursday.

On the vitalization project’s website is a tab with “Workgroup Meetings and Agendas” on it. In this tab is a list of the nine workgroups, which consists of ones in charge of student services, University Technology, Enrollment Management, Intercollegiate Athletics, Facilities, Marketing and University Branding, Academic Programs, Academic Visioning Workgroup I and Academic Visioning Workgroup II.

These workgroups will analyze programs and services on campus on their viability, efficiency and sustainability, then make recommendations for how the administration should allocate future resources and how they will fund targeted investments.

The president announced the vitalization project during his State of the University Address.

Over 218 nominations consisting of faculty, staff and students to be on this task force were received by Eastern President David Glassman.

Cassie Buchman can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].