Golf ends season at Austin Peay

Bob Reynolds, Staff Reporter

The Eastern golf team’s wrapped up their falls seasons on Tuesday.

The men finished up their season at the F & M Austin Peay State Intercollegiate tournament, while the women ended their fall season at the Dayton Fall Invitational in Ohio.

The men finished eighth out of 12 teams and were paced by James Jansen who shot a consistant 73-72-72 for a total of 1-over 218 at the par-72 Links at Novadell golf course in Hopkinsville, Ky.

Austin Sproles finished one spot and one stroke behind Jansen, shooting a 219 for the tournament.

Oscar Borda and Daniel Hughes tied for 32nd overall with scores of 220.  Marcus Dahlin finished in 46th with a total of 223.

Host Austin Peay won the tournament with a team total of 842 for the tournament and never fell out of first place the whole tournament.

Tucker Wallace led the Governors with a total of 9-under, 207 for the tournament.  Wallace shot rounds of 70-67-70.

The Governors had three other players shoot under-par, including Chris Baker, who shot 6-under.  Jonas Vaisanen shot 5-under and Austin Kramer shot 2-under. All four players finished in the top-15.

Ohio Valley Conference foe Tennessee-Martin finished eight strokes behind Austin Peay with a team total of 850.

On the women’s side of things, Eastern finished 15th out of 16 for their final run in the fall season.

The Panthers shot a team total of 666 and were led by Annie Getzin.

Getzin shot a plus-16 for the tournament and finished 13th overall.

The Panthers did not have any other golfer in the top 50.

Tiffany Wolf finished 58th with a total of +26. Anne Bahr finished with a +29, and freshman Chloe Wong finished with a +36.

Butler won the team title with a team total of 604.

Both the men’s and women’s golf teams will be in action in the spring, when they continue their seasons.

Bob Reynolds can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].