Funeral set for Eastern student

Jarad Jarmon, Associate News Editor

Funeral services for an Eastern student who died in a car accident Friday have been set for 11 a.m. Thursday at the Bauer Funeral Home in Effingham, Ill.

A visitation remembering the death of Brianne Martin, 23, will take place from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Bauer Funeral Home. The family requested memorials to Martin should be made out to her daughter, Madeline Summers, according to a Bauer Funeral Home obituary.

Martin died in a car accident at 3:35 p.m. Friday on Interstate 57, according to an Effingham Daily News report.

The report said John Adams, 60, attempted to enter the median crossover on the interstate driving a semitrailer. When the vehicle came to a stop in the median, a vehicle Martin drove, struck the  rear of the trailer in the left lane, causing her vehicle to cross the interstate and come to rest in the right shoulder, the report added.

The report continued the Effingham County Coroner pronounced Martin dead at the scene.

The obituary states Martin was survived by her family including her daughter, Madeline Summers; Madeline’s father, Travis Summers; her father, Steve Martin; her mother, April Hurt; her brother, Jacob Martin; and her sister, Annabelle Martin.

She is also survived her grandparents William and Barbara Hurt and John and Renee Martin; her great grandparents, Merle and Loretta Martin and Arlene French.

Jarad Jarmon can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].